Monday, January 22, 2007

CONMAN @ AXS OR SAM .... PLEASE CHECK YOUR PAYMENT BILLS

Beware of conman when using AXS or SAM machine, coz my friend fell intothetrap..

Dear frens,
juz want to share an encounter from a friend...
Especially for those who pay your monthly bills through S.A.M or AXS machine. And do help to pass itonto your frens around you before they fall into the trap.I was queuing behind a guy who is using the S.A.M machine an he is takinghis own sweet time.

But I did take a look at why is he taking such a longtime, coz he keep pressing the "previous menu" button.Then he decided to let me use first.So when I used it, the screen already show the main menu page. I proceedwith my transaction and pay the bill using my ATM card. Luckily i have thishabit of taking a look at my reciept, found that how come the total amountis so much. I go through the list of bills I pay and found that i have paidone that is not mine. So i turn around and look, the guy who was usingbefore me, use the machine again, keying in the same amount. I approach himand told him, I have paid his bill. So i say wait while i call thehotline number on the machine for help. While i was on the phone, the guy juz quietly walk away, went to the AXS machine not far away.

I have no prove if he did it on purpose, but I gut feeling tells me otherwise... after he's done on the AXS machine, there were 2 guys using it, iwent forward remind them to check their receipt. Imagine, if this is true, he mightbe using the trick every month, people are paying his bills for him. By right, he should have cancel the transaction or exit but instead he keep on pressing the "previous menu" button until it reach the main menu page...Moral of the story, check the summary shown on the screen before youproceed with the payment, always check your receipt, if it happens, callthe hotline on the machine. They will do a refund for you by cheque.Please pass this on...

You dun want your frens to fall into this trap .

No comments: